FEATURED POST

Sri Venkatachala Mahathyam CONCLUSION ( wedding chapter 436-446)

436) BHAGAVATHKRUTHASHANMAASAAVADHIKAAGASTHYAASHRAMAVAASA PRATHIGNYAA Padmaavathyanugo Devo Brahmarudraadikairyuthaha Suvarnamukharee...

POPULAR POSTS

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Sri Parthsarathy Swami Sabha-40 years before and after!





VENUE:-SRI PARTHASARATHY SWAMI SABHA, CHENNAI.
The first two photographs taken during the "Sangeetha Kalasarathy" awards function on December 16th, 2009.

The third photo is during the silver jubilee concert celebration (Chief Guest, late Smt.D.K.Pattamal-not in the picture) in the year 1969.
CLICK ON PICTURES TO ENLARGE

5 comments:

Kalyaani said...

Dear Madam,
Very nice photos. Over the 40 years a sweet little Vidhushi has grown up to become an elegant brilliant accomplished Veena player, touching thousands of people's heart.

I happened to see a small documentary film on Veena Dhanammal, where I saw you for a very brief while, and could not even make out what you said, as your voice was shadowed by the lady's who was translating it to Tamil (which I do not follow:(

Madam, do you follow Dhanammal's style of playing? Or it is your own style of rendering you have developed yourself?

Kind regards

E.Gayathri said...

Dear Ms. Kalyaani,
Thank you!I have my own style of playing and do not play like anybody else.
Kind regards,
Gayathri

lnmganti said...

Dear Gayatrigaru,namaskaram.I am delighted to see ur 1969 photo.when I threw my first glance on ur photo "Bharataharatna" Smt MS has flashed in to my mind because of the flower in the plait and glance at the felicitator,the garland and round "Bottu" I thought of her.After reading the contents only could make out that is ur self.My blessings are to u and pray the lord Indra to bestow another fifty years of life to serve the posterity on jasmine strings and scale the heights the doyen of carnatic music "Bharatharatna" DR MS has reached in her life time.ur photo depicts the Telugu saying "Puvvuputtagane Parimalistundi"-GLN Murthy

E.Gayathri said...

Dear Murthygaru, Namasthey!Thank you for your kind wishes. With the grace of God, blessings of late M.S.Amma and your best wishes I would like to reach great heights within myself!
Regards,
Gayathri

karthik G said...

thnks for this information
i saw another yoga center which makes me more attracting and very useful here i have sent the link of that site please refer it

ttm