FEATURED POST

Sri Venkatachala Mahathyam CONCLUSION ( wedding chapter 436-446)

436) BHAGAVATHKRUTHASHANMAASAAVADHIKAAGASTHYAASHRAMAVAASA PRATHIGNYAA Padmaavathyanugo Devo Brahmarudraadikairyuthaha Suvarnamukharee...

POPULAR POSTS

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Maitreem Bhajata!



"Maithreem Bhajatha Akhila Hrith Jaithreem"

Meaning: Praise (or adopt), friendship which conquers the heart of the World!

"Athmavad Eva Paraan Api Pashyatha"

Meaning:See others as you would see yourself!

"Yudhdham Thyajatha, Spardhaam Thyajatha"

Meaning: Eschew wars and competitions!

"Thyajatha Pareshu Akrama-Akramanam"

Meaning:Eschew attack on others, this is not correct!

"Janani Prithvi Kaama Dughaasthey"

Meaning: The Earth is the Mother who grants all your desires!

"Janako Deva Sakala Dayaaluh"

Meaning:The Lord is the Father who is compassionate to all!

"Daamyatha, Dattha, Dayadhvam, Janathaa"

Meaning:Practice restraint, charity and mercy, Oh People!

"Shreyo Bhooyaath Sakala Janaanaam"

Meaning: Let there be all round prosperity for all people!

The above is composed by His Holiness, Sri Kamamkoti Peethaadhipathi Poojyashri Chandrashekharendra Saraswathi.

Concept and presentation:Shyamala Sajnani

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Gayathri Madam,

This song of Mahaperiva and your veena combined with is out of the world. No amount of words of praise will be enough about your veena madam.I was almost in tears whenever I listen to your performance.

Regards,
Nithya.

Home said...

A very nice rendition, Gayathri garu. I was almost in tears too listening to this performance. Every gamakam comes our with such precision and beauty!
Music Lover

E.Gayathri said...

Dear Ms. Nithya,
Thank you very much! I feel blessed that my rendition of Maithreem Bhajatha has touched hearts!
Regards,
Gayathri

E.Gayathri said...

Dear Music Lover,
Thank you so much! It is my service and feel blessed that it has been soulful!
Regards,
Gayathri

Subramanya Sarma said...

Smt. Gayathri garu,

We are very happy that you are performing in IIT on 10th. We are looking forward to listening to you and meeting you.

Subramanya Sarma and Sujana

Srivathsan said...

Respected Madam

Wonderfully rendered in madhyama sruthi. Your rendition of 'Bhavayami Gopalabaalam' in the same sruthi is superb as well. Legend has it that when MS was practising 'Bhavayami Gopalabaalam', late Sri Semmangudi Srinivasa Iyer just couldn't control himself. Such was the engrossing Yaman Kalyani from the queen. One absolute legend completely forgetting himself in admiration of another legend.

'Maithreem Bhajata' of Mahaperiyava was originally sung by late Smt M S Subbulakshmi during her UN concert on Oct 23, 1966. But, the music director who tuned the lyrics was late Sri Vasanth Desai, renowned music director of yesteryear, who composed legendary hits like 'Ae Maalik Tere Bhandhae Hum' in Sindhu Bhairavi and 'Bole Re Papi Hara' in Malhar.

Talking of Kanchi Mutt, I met Balaperiyaval in June 2007. He talked to me for around 15 mins and asked me various things from family, education, where I was working. where I stay, my nakchatram, gothram, etc. All of a sudden he asked me 'Nee Periyava pusthagam padipiya?' How come he came to know that I was fond of Mahaperiyava's books? I took his blessings and was about to leave. To my ultimate surprise, Balaperiyaval presented me with a rudhraaksha circlet and Mahaperiya's 'Acharya's Call' book in English. I was overjoyed and thrilled to bits.

Again, thanks for all the great work. This blog portal of yours has well and truly grown into monumental proportions.

Best regards,

Srivathsan

E.Gayathri said...

Dear Sri.Subramanya Sharmagaru,
It is my pleasure to meet you and your Mrs. Most welcome!
Regards,
Gayathri

E.Gayathri said...

Dear Sri.Srivathsan,
Thank you for your kind appreciation! Your experience of Maha Periyava is very interesting!
With the support of well-wishers like you I am happy to put forth my ideas to my readers!
Regards,
With best regards,
Gayathri

Ganti Lakshmi Narasimha Murthy said...

Dear Gayathriji,
A sage's soulful lyric
set to a soul stirring Music
Both geniuses at work
we are blessed on this network
-Ganti.L.N.Murthy

E.Gayathri said...

Sri.Murthy Garu,
It is only due to Maha Periyava's blessings and grace that my fingers even move across the frets of veena.
Thank you for your kind appreciation!
Regards,
Gayathri