FEATURED POST

Sri Venkatachala Mahathyam CONCLUSION ( wedding chapter 436-446)

436) BHAGAVATHKRUTHASHANMAASAAVADHIKAAGASTHYAASHRAMAVAASA PRATHIGNYAA Padmaavathyanugo Devo Brahmarudraadikairyuthaha Suvarnamukharee...

POPULAR POSTS

Friday, May 10, 2013

University for Music in Tamilnadu


In Ammagaru's office on my birthday 09/11/12, handing over my ardent request for Music University in Tamilnadu.The announcement that the government of Tamilnadu would form an exclusive University for music was made by Honourable Chief Minister of Tamilnadu yesterday in the assembly session.

4 comments:

alchemister said...

Dear Madam,

My heartfelt congratulations on your new assignment( eventhough you are on this new venture for a while). I see that you are a devout votary for the dharu veena and its yogic significance. I have been reading a few articles on the pathetic lives of the veena makers. Many of the younger generation artisans are choosing or have already chosen alternative professions as making veena is not economically lucrative anymore. May I suggest a few things?

1. A pension scheme for veena makers
2. A streamlined procedure for procurement of wood (govt can be urged to support jackfruit farms)
3. A streamlined procedure for selling their products internationally and to big musical stores in metropolitan cities.

I believe that these ideas if they are executed may save these artisans from leaving the profession and produce quality veenas.

Thank you

Kannan

E.Gayathri said...

Thank you very much for your kind appreciation. Your suggestions are great and I will certainly put my efforts in that direction.
Thank you once again and regards, Gayathri

Uma Shankar said...

Respected Madam,

I want to do research in music for Bharatanatyam.... is it possible to do this under this University.. how do I take the first step?

Regards,
Uma

NITA PANDIT said...

Thank u for sharing info....Distance Education in Tamilnadu