Saturday, March 27, 2021

KvanathKAANCHIdhaamaa.....

                                                                                                                                                                              


My meditation of the 7th sloka of Soundarya Lahari 10 years ago was a revelation! The “Kanchi” vibration of the first verse (Kvanathkaancheedhaama) in the sloka manifested itself and led me to Kanchipuram, to Kamakshi. Sloka 7 of Soundarya Lahari-“KVANATHKANCHEEDHAAMAA KARIKALABHAKUMBHASTHANANATHAA  PARIKSHEENAAMADHYE PARINATHASHARASCHANDRAVADANAADHANURBAANAAN PAASHAAM SHRUNUMAPI  DADHAANAA KARATHALAIHI PURASTHAADAASTHAAN NAHA PURAMATHITHURAAHO PURUSHEEKAA!” Seated with my Veena and speaker/amp in the cramped, limited area in Gayathri Mandapam I directly faced Goddess Kamakshi. While drinking in the beauty of Her dancing eyes in the glow of the bright oil lamps surrounding Her I lost myself in the overflowing emotions that poured out of my Veena. Seated in darkness  I was not visible to the long queue of ardent devotees lined up below the Mandapam. I was drenched in sweat as I performed in the hot summer afternoon but I was oblivious to the discomfort. Out of the corner of my eye I caught sight of devotees puzzled and searching for the source of Veena Naadham. That brought a smile to my lips.... while Her eyes continued to dance in the dazzling lights. 

No comments:

FEATURED POST

Tune O Rangeele