Saturday, October 23, 2021

SRIMAD BHAGAVAD BHARATHI-7 CHAPTER (3)

Viswaguru Sri Vidyaranya Swami, Narasaraopet, AP

1) VIDDHYETHATHSAAVADHAANENA THATHVAM MAMA SHUBHAPRADAM

GOPYOTTHAMA MALABHYAMCHA GNYAATHVAA YATHVAM VIMOKSHYASE.

Meaning- Know that your knowledge of my auspiciousness which is impossible to access, that which is precious and protected will liberate you. Try to identify that quality effortlessly.

2) BRAHMANEYPYAADI KARTHREYCHA BRAHMANEY SRISHTIKAARINEY

SARGAADAUPROKTHA VAANASMI THATHVAMTHVIDAM VIMUKTHIDAM.

Meaning- To Brahma who is the foremost doer  and who brought about the Creation I taught the liberating truth (the quality that would liberate)at the beginning of the creation itself.

3) VYAAKHYAATHAM HIYADAASHAASTHRAM ANYADHAA KUJANAISTHADHAA

VYAAKHYAATHUM CHA YADHAASHASTHRAM AVATHAARO BHAVEDDHRUVAM.

Meaning- When foolish and ignorant people wrongly interpret and comment upon shastras (religious books of treatises) I will certainly incarnate ("avatara") to expound the religious scriptures in accordance to shastras.

 4) MAAYAASHAKTHI PRABHAAVENA BHRAANTHOYAM SAKALOJANAHA

SHAASTHRASYA HRUDAYAM GNYAATHUM SAMARDHO NA BHAVISHYATHI.

Meaning- Due to the effect and influence of 'maya' (illusion), all the people are in a delusion and are incapable of understanding the core/heart of Shastra.

5) SRASHTAAHAM VARNADHARMAANAAM JEEVABANDHA VIMUKTHAYE

AACHARAMTHSASVADHARMAM HI SVAATHMASHUDDHIM SAMASHNUTHEY.

Meaning- With a view to liberate human beings from attachments I have created the 'varna dharma' (the 4 varnas-Brahmins, Kshatriyas, Vaishyas and Sudras). People have to follow the prescribed rules of their respective varnas for purification and liberation.

6) GUNA KARMAANUROOPENA VARNAMAAPNOTHI MAANAVAHA

VARNAASHRAMA SADAACHAARAHA KARTHAVYOMOKSHAMICCHATHAA.

Meaning-Human being attains a particular caste ('varna') as per his natural tendencies and his karma (destiny). He who seeks liberation should meticulously follow the tradition of the caste ('varna') assigned to him.

7) NAMEYSTHI KARMA SANGASHCHA SPRUHAA NAA STHI HI THATHPHALEY

ASAMSAARINAMEYVAM MAA MAKARTHAARAM CHA VIDDHIVAI.

Meaning- Realize that I am not bound by destiny (karma) nor am I affected by the results of 'karma'. Therefore understand me as free of birth cycles and as a non-doer.

8) KAARYAM KINCHITH THADHAA PRAAPYAM SARVALOKESHU SARVADHAA

SARVAKAALESHU NAA STHYEVA SATHO BHAGAVATHO HIMEY.

Meaning- At all times and in all the worlds as the Eternal God I am not subject to actions (karyam) or fruits of actions (phalamu).

9)SARVABHOOTHAADHIVAASOHAM SARVAVIGNYAANA SAMYUTHAHA

SARVAANANDA PRAPOORNOSMI SACHCHIDAANANDA VIGRAHA.

Meaning- I reside in all living beings, I am filled with Supreme Knowledge, I am filled with Supreme Bliss, I am the personification of Truth, Consciousness and Bliss.

10) VAASUDEVOSMYAHAM VISHNUHU SARVAKAARANA KAARANAM

JANAARDANOSMYAHAM KRUSHNAHA MAAYAA SAAGARA THAARAKAHA.

Meaning- I am Vishnu who is Vasudeva, the cause of the cause of entirety. I am Krishna who is Janardhana who will aid in crossing the ocean of illusion (maya).

11) SHIVOSMI SHIVABHAKTHAANAAM VAISHNAVAANAAM RAMAADHAVAHA

SHAAKTHEYAANAAMAHAM SHAKTHIHI SAURAANAA MASMIBHAASKARAHA.

Meaning- I am Shiva for the devotees of Shiva (saivism), Vishnu for the devotees of Vishnu (vaishnavism). I am Shakthi for those who worship Shakthi (shaaktheyam), for the worshipers of Sun I am Sun (saura).

12) GAANAPATHYA MATHASDHAANAM BHAVAAMYEVAM GANESHWARAHA

SKANDOSMI SKANDABHAKTHAANAAM SARVOSMI SAMABHAAVINAAM.

Meaning- Those who belong to the group of 'Gaanapathyam' (worshippers of Ganapathi) I am Ganapathi, for the devotees of Kumara I am Kumaraswami. For the equal minded I am all and everything.

13) SARVAYOGA PRADAATHAASMI HYAASHRITHAANAA MANUKSHANAM

SARVAVIGHNA HARASHCHAASMI BHAKTHAANAAM MAMA SARVADAA.

Meaning- I shall grant great fortune to whoever seeks refuge in Me every second. I expel all obstacles for all my devotees at all times.

14) ASHTAANGA YOGANISHTAANAAM SARVASIDDHI PRADAAYAKAHA

BHAKTHIBHAAVA PRAPOORNAANAAM MUKTHIDAATHAAHAMEYVACHA.

Meaning- I grant all siddhis (powers) to whoever is austerely focused in the eight limbs of 'yoga' (ashtanga yoga).I am the grantor of liberation to those who are filled with love and devotion.

 





No comments:

FEATURED POST

Tune O Rangeele