Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Soundarya Lahari Slokas/Yantras No.6













YANTRA FOR SLOKA NO.6

SLOKA NO. 6:-
"Dhanuh Paushpam Maurvi Madhukaramayi Panchavishikaah
Vasanthah Saamantho Malayamarudaayodhanarathaha!
Thathaapyekaha Sarvam Himagirisuthe Kaamapi Krupaam
Apaangaaththe Labdhvaa Jagadidamanango Vijayathe!"

Literal Meaning: Oh daughter of the snow-clad Himalaya mountain!Kaamadeva, the God of love, has only a bow made of arrows, with its string comprised of a cluster of honeybees, and arrows barely five. The spring season (periodical and undependable) is his assistant and the southern breeze, his war-chariot. Yet, with such frail equipment, bodiless and alone though he be, Manmatha conquers the entire Universe, having obtained some favour through Thy benign side-glance.
Mode of worship: Yantra to be made on a gold plate or milk placed in a siver utensil.Sit facing East.Chant thsi sloka 500 times daily for 21 (24) days.
Archana: Chanting of Lalitha Trishathi offering jasmine or any white flowers.
Offerings: Bits of sugarcane, milk gruel, betels and slices of areca nut with spices like clove, cardamom, etc.
BENEFICIAL RESULTS: Cures impotency, bestows children.
Literal Results: For people who require a favour from superiors at work. For anybody with limited resources who intend to start any enterprise/who have to work against odds etc. The "jagadidmanango vijayathe" is a powerful implication in this sloka , bestowing all round success and patronage from higher-ups. This also bestows ability to emerge victorious in competitions.

15 comments:

malathi said...

dear mam
MY Mother in law and my husband usually says that when we start chanting the SL daily the aura around us is widen and the person too appears to be more attractive than ever.When i started my chanting I didnt have any deep knowledge on the meaning of the slokas. By now I have gathered some knowledge and the literature(am I right) is such beautiful and I enjoy now reading and chanting SL not for results but reciting SL brings down the godess herself before our mind, the beautiful lyrics and the varnanai about the ornaments and her beauty really has made me admire Her.

Veenaagayathri said...

Dear Mrs. mala, Your MIL and husband are right about the aura. You are right about your experience too, thank you, with love, Gayathri

Anonymous said...

Hi Gayathri,

Thank you so much for this powerful sloka. Exactly, for how many days should this sloka be read? 21 or 24 days? Please clarify.

Thanks
Concerned reader.

Veenaagayathri said...

24 days would be ideal.All the best!
Gayathri

Anonymous said...

can I have sanskrit text verse of this sloka?

Veenaagayathri said...

Go to the link http://sanskritdocuments.org/all_pdf/saundaryalahari.pdf

preethi said...

dear gayathri very greatful for having posted all this. no words can express the gratitude I feel right now...

Veenaagayathri said...

My pleasure dear Ms. Preethi, thank you for the appreciation!

Anonymous said...

Dear madam,

Thanks for keeping posted these slokas with details.

can u please explain me how to make the Yantra on milk if cannot done on the gold plate?

Rgds...Rao

Veenaagayathri said...

Dear Sri.Rao,
Thank you for the appreciation. I have only supplied info, I am not authorised to guide anybody in tantric rituals. Kindly approach a Srividya Upasaka or a genuine spiritual Guru for guidance in such matters.
Thank you and regards,
Gayathri

Sandhya said...

http://shaktisadhana.org/Newhomepage/sadhana/Commentaries.html

Great Site with detailed explanations

Veenaagayathri said...

Thank you, I will visit the site.

Unknown said...

hi gayatri madam,

recently my baby died immedietely after delivery, she is born in 7th month, as they have done c section, as there was life risk for me.
i had a problem, due to which, if iam pregnant, it will be life risk for me.

Please help, as iam unable to forget my baby.and my family members dont want me to get pregnant.

Unknown said...

madam,

recently my baby girl died after delivery, as i had life risk, they have
done c section. doctors say, i may have same problem, if iam pregnant again.My family members dont want to take risk on my life. can you give me any mantra, please help.

Unknown said...

Namaskaram ma'am,

This happened as recently as today. I was on the verge of breaking down and there was tremendous pressure on me due to a situation at work for the past one month. My managers who usually favour me said they were trying their best but things didn't work out due to senior management's disposition. I didn't know further course of action as the solution for the situation has to be from my higher-ups and I could do nothing here.
I went to tripurasundari ambal's temple on Friday, like I usually do and pray ambal to relieve me from this situation. This morning I came to office, browsed through this blog (I do this for solace), came across the 6th slokam, decided to recite it at desk itself. I prayed ambal and recited it 108 times (by 9:30 AM)
And then the miracle happens!! By 1 PM one of my manager told me that he has a way out of the situation and he'll deal with it - an idea didn't strike him for the past 1.5 months.
I have all the approvals now and I'm out of it by evening ( 5 PM).
What else can it be but Ambal's grace? Nothing has changed today except for reciting the sloka 108 times. SHE is all graceful. I'm posting this right away having experienced the nectar of her love and grace once again.

FEATURED POST

Tune O Rangeele