Wednesday, September 22, 2021

SRIVIDYA VEENA (3)- KUNDALINI YOGA (SARASWATI VEENA-23)

SHANKARACHARYA OF SHAKATAPURAM MUTT, SRI KRISHNANANDA THEERTHA MAHASWAMI, SRIVIDYA PEETHAM
 
                                    VEENA SHYAMALA/ RAJAMATHANGI 


90S, SANSKRIT COLLEGE, LUZ, CHENNAI-

It was an auspicious full moon day in the month of August in the 90s (I do not recall the exact year). The campus of Sanskrit college in Luz, Chennai was crowded with devotees of Sri. Shankaracharya of Shakatapuram Mutt which is Srividya Peetham.
I stood waiting in the queue wearing a 9 yards saree, my hands full with bags of fruit and flowers and a huge plate to place them at the time of offering to Periyava of Shakatapuram Mutt, Sri Krishnananda Theertha Mahaswami.
I was thrilled and eager to take the Rajamathangi and Veena Shyamala 'upadesham' from Periyava.
"Did you know that Veena has a beejakshara?" Preparing for the upadesham Periyava asked me matter of factly.
"No". I shook my head.
He proceeded with the upadesham, I felt sanctified as I left Sanskrit college. And fully authorized to play whatever little I knew of Veena.

No comments:

FEATURED POST

Tune O Rangeele